Wednesday, June 23, 2010

14 & 16 Weeks

We just got our latest ultrasound pics scanned onto the computer last night so I thought I'd share them. Because my pregnancy is considered "high risk", I've been seeing our doctor every two weeks instead of every month. With each appointment I've had, they have done ultrasounds to monitor the growth of Baby A and to see if Baby B is shrinking at all. So far Baby A looks great and Baby B doesn't seem to want to "vanish". It hasn't really shrunk at all but Dr. W doesn't seem too concerned about that. I'll have two more appointments before we hit the 20 week milestone and after that, if things are still going well, we'll go back to seeing Dr. C and hopefully I'll no longer be considered "high risk"!

So here are our most recent pics of Baby Sanchez...

Almost 14 WEEKS:

Baby is the size of a lemon, it's arms and legs are growing in length, it can now make facial expressions and even suck it's thumb! (Wonder if he or she will take after mommy!) In this pic you can see Baby's fetal heart rate at the bottom (it was measuring 158 BMP which is great!) You can also see little Baby B to the upper right of Baby A (the tiny little dot inside the smaller sac)! I realized the other day that this is my only pic of the two of them together!

And here is a much less alien looking picture of Baby waving at us!

Almost 16 WEEKS:

We didn't get as many cute pictures at this appointment but Baby's bones were really visible. We got to see both femurs and the spine but didn't get pictures because our little one is now quite active, even though I can't feel it yet. I love this pic of Baby's arm from it's shoulder (on right) to all the way to it's hands (left)! This week Baby is the size of an avocado, it's eyes and ears are moving into their final position, it's starting to grow toenails and it's heart is now pumping 25 quarts of blood a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment