Friday, December 10, 2010

The Nursery

Well, my due date has come and gone and our little Evangeline is still not here on the outside yet. I am now officially 4 days overdue and there really is no sign of her arrival so far. But we’re ready! I’ve read about a dozen books, the car seat is installed, our house is just about spotless, my freezer, fridge and pantry are full of meals and snacks, my mom is here and the baby’s room is ready. I’m feeling quite good still and there is no major snowstorm in the forecast. I really can’t complain! So, since my mom and I are finding ourselves trying to fill the days with things to do while we wait for this stubborn little one, I decided maybe I should take this opportunity to post pictures of her room.

Now, I must preface this by saying yes, I had waaaaaay toooo much spare time during this pregnancy. I had quit my job as a wedding coordinator just a few weeks before we found out we were pregnant (go figure!). I spent a few months working full time as a temp a Jeremy’s office but by summer I had cut back to working just two days a week. I officially became a stay at home mom two weeks ago. Jeremy and I had never had weekends off together and I had never had so much time during the week. So, with all this spare time (soon to become a favorite pastime) we took on a bunch of DIY projects to create a pretty and relaxing nursery for our baby girl while sticking to a budget. We both love how it turned out and are so excited to bring Evangeline home to her very own room! So, here it is:

The crib was a gift from my mom, sister and brothers. I love the clean lines and the extra storage drawer underneath.

The curtains, crib skirt, mobile and russian doll art are all DIY.


The owl hooks were also a semi-DIY project that I turned into hair clip/bow hangers. The little pink top is something Jeremy found at a consignment store!

Jeremy used Illustrator to create a graphic print of a scripture verse (Matt. 19:14).


This changing table was the very first thing we bought for her nursery. It was a $20 find on our local classifieds that Jeremy refinished. He also made the added shelf to hold all the diaper changing supplies. 

My very favorite doll from my childhood, Melissa Sue. She's definitely seen better days but I couldn't resist adding her to the room!

The blocks were another DIY project and once Evangeline is here, we'll replace the floral paper in the frame with a photo of her.

Here is the closet that Jeremy made an amazing built-in for. I love all the added storage and still haven't figured out a use for each of the baskets. I can't believe how much extra storage we ended up with but I'm sure we'll find lots of things to put in there as she gets older. 

I made closet dividers out of wooden letter "o"'s, left over fabric from some of the other DIY projects and sticky foam numbers. I didn't realize how much more organized I'd feel with these until we put them in but I really like having them now!


I can't wait to read books in the rocking chair, peek on her while she is fast asleep in her crib and play with all her toys. Now we just need our baby girl to get here!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute room!! I love it! I am so glad you put Melissa Sue in there too. That is so nice you are COMPLETELY ready. I wish I had known when Sophie was going to come so i couldve made our house spotless and gotten meals prepared. Thats nice your mom is already there too! I am so impressed with you and Jeremys DIY projects. It looks really good and I love that wall color! I am so excited to see pictures of when you have her I check you guys facebooks everyday just to check! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie! everything looks so amazing! you did such a stinking cute job! I love that you did the owls:) She is absolutely going to love that room. I cant wait to see your beautiful blessing. We love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful space. It makes me happy just looking at it...like a little piece of sunshine. All the little details are perfect!!! I can't wait to see pictures of Evangeline!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie - You guys did such a fantastic job on her nursery! I bet you are getting so excited to bring her home. Heck, you may be home now. Congratulations. You are going to be an amazing mama. You already are! Much love to you all. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete