Friday, May 7, 2010

Back to Blogging

I started this blog back in December '09, when we first got our MacBook, as a way of practicing for the blog I planned to create when I started my wedding planning business (Blue Bird Event Design). Blogs seem to be a popular thing, especially in the wedding industry and since I really didn’t know how they worked I thought I’d try a personal one first. I never told anyone about it and that turned out to be a good thing because I had already abandoned it by the beginning of January! Journaling has never been something I’ve been good at nor consistent with so I’m not sure why I thought a public journal would be any different! Not to mention the fact that I just didn’t have much to say. At the time, our lives were busy with what seemed like the same old usual stuff (work, work and work), and a few personal things that we didn’t care to share on the internet. Nothing that seemed exciting enough to expect other people to actually take the time to read about. Well, things have certainly changed!

It seems like whenever Jeremy and I are at a point in our lives where change is on the horizon, God likes to shake us up a bit and remind us that it’s not about our own plans, but what He has for us. And He sure has kept His promise that His plans are much bigger and better then what we could even dream up for ourselves. It all started with us graduating from college together, getting married, moving to Utah and both starting new jobs all within 5 months time. Then there was a long calm before the next “storm”. Recently I quit my stable job and started a business. Shortly after that we found out I was pregnant! And let me just say, the surprises haven’t stopped since! (More on all that and why the title of this blog seems all the more fitting soon!)

So that is what brings me back to this abandoned blog. I figure no matter how horrible of a writer I think I am or how inconsistent a journal-er I have been, I just need to suck it up and document this crazy wonderful time in our lives. I know I’ll look back on this later and be so thankful for the preservation of memories that I can pass on to our children. Living away from our family is harder now more then ever as I so wish that you all could be more a part of this process with us. However, that just makes me even more thankful for the wonderful friends and “family” the Lord has provided us with here! So, hopefully this blog will help preserve some memories but also serve as source of information for our long distance loved ones (and maybe that will save us a little on our cell phone bill because our budget just got insanely tight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment